Nice Guy Eddie (NGE)
- Nice Guy Eddie Group;
- The Nice Guy Eddie (NGE) spins put the emphasis on the social aspect of cycling in a non-competitive atmosphere. A NGE spin should be relaxed for all-comers which will be reflected in the average speed. The speed on the flat should allow all of the group to stay together as a unit.
- If the group gets split on hills there will be a regroup to allow riders to recover and set off again together. The group will also stop to help a rider with a puncture or mechanical problem. No-one gets left behind.
- You can expect the average speed of a NGE spin to be between 20-23KMH on a normal outing. It is up to the road spin leaders to moderate the pace to ensure an enjoyable experience for all.
- Spin distances are typically between 40-60km depending on the difficulty of the course, weather and the time of year.
- The NGE group should aim to finish the ride together or at least there should not be big gaps between the first and last riders.